Monday, February 13, 2006

isaiah looooves chocolate. he remembers that the tub of candy left over from my recruiting at umich is on the kitchen table, and he knows which chocolates he's allowed to eat (i only give him the plain hershey bars. i'm worried he'll choke on the krackle and mr. goodbar). so he climbs onto the kitchen chair, reaches for the chocolate in the silver wrapper and brings it to me or eric to open for him. he then proceeds to take one bite then shove the rest in his mouth. mmm! my mom gets mad at me for giving isaiah candy bars. i like to give isaiah treats because for some reason, i feel that i missed out when i was a kid. like i never had the cool candy or cool chips in my lunch box.

last night was a rough night. isaiah woke up screaming at least 3 times. we think the rest of his molars are coming in. poor kid. since we've pushed the bed into the corner, he's been sleeping next to the wall. but last night since he was in pain, we put him in the middle (he loooves being able to touch both me and eric while we sleep). cut to eric against the wall, me on the edge of the other side of the bed, and isaiah horizontal between us. feet on eric's face and head tucked under my arm. it's amazing how a 30" toddler can monopolize a queen-size bed.

i love isaiah so much. he's the best in the morning when he's super calm and still wants to cuddle. yesterday morning, we just sat in the rocking chair in his room for a while. he kept burying his head on my arm or in my chest. he'd pop up every now and then and give me a big smile and then go back to burying his head. it's great when he gets sleepy and he grabs your face with his tiny hands while he rests his head on your shoulder. i remind myself to cherish those moments because the day will soon come when he'll fend off my kisses and hugs so he can run and play with his friends.

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?